Why Would Anyone Watch the Mind? An Introduction to Meditation
September 22, 2021 - October 27, 2021
Live Online + unlimited access to course recordings
A six-week course, Wednesdays, 5:00–6:30 pm EDT
Sorry! Registration is closed.
Are you curious about meditation? Do you sometimes find your own mind a challenging place to be? Would you like to know how to abide peacefully in the center of your own being? If so, this six-week introductory course is for you. During these six weeks, we will journey into the heart of the practice of meditation, exploring the in’s and out’s of what it is, how to do it, and how to bring this profound practice of self-love into our lives in a stable and sustaining way. This course is designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of meditation through a range of modalities, including exploring experiential practice, unpacking common terminologies, and understanding the central role in meditation for developing compassion for oneself and others. We will also explore how curiosity and motivation with regard to meditation play a key role in revealing our truest self, together with our own innate peace, joy, and wisdom.
Participants will leave this course knowing how to meditate, what meditation cultivates inside our own beings, and why it can be so helpful to incorporate this kind of self-care and healing into our daily lives.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Please read carefully! The Zoom link will be emailed to all those registered two days before the course begins. If you don’t see an email from Natural Dharma Registrar or Wonderwell Mountain Refuge, it may have mistakenly gone to your spam/junk folder or Promotions or Update categories. Contact the registrar at email@example.com on Tuesday, Sept. 21 if you have not received the Zoom link.
The same Zoom link will be used each week, so you may want to save it in your calendar so that it is easily accessible. It will also be available in the dashboard of your user account beginning three days before the retreat begins.
It is Natural Dharma Fellowship’s aspiration that no one be turned away from our teachings and retreats because they are unable to pay the full cost. In order make our courses affordable for all who wish to attend, we are offering a three-level fee structure that takes into account people’s differing financial circumstances:
- Benefactor – for those who can afford it, this fee level helps provide support for those with limited financial resources and assists with the care and maintenance of Wonderwell Mountain Refuge
- Course fee – for those who can cover the basic cost of a retreat or course
- Supported – for those with limited financial resources or recent financial hardship
The pricing options for a particular retreat are based primarily on its length and are intended to give you an idea of what it costs to offer that retreat. The amounts listed are suggestions. You may write in any amount that fits your financial situation. Any amount offered above the Course Fee level will be considered a tax-deductible donation and will be acknowledged as such.
USER ACCOUNTS & RESOURCES
A new feature of our website—user accounts—provides a secure place where materials from your retreats can be posted and accessed. If you don’t have an account already, you’ll want to set one up as soon as you register.
- Paid resources – retreat recordings and other retreat materials, including Zoom links – will only be available in the dashboard of your user account.
- If you haven’t already created an NDF user account, please visit our website to Create an account as soon as possible.
- User accounts are manually synced with the retreat 24-48 hours prior to its start. Please be aware that this does not happen automatically with registration. It is a separate, manual operation.
- You must have a user account set up 48 hours prior to the start of an event for access to any pre-retreat materials provided by the teacher.
- If you register less than 48 hours before a retreat, we cannot guarantee you will have access to your account when the program begins. In that case, your account will be synced 24-48 hours after the program has finished.
Please visit the Technical FAQ page on our website for useful information about user accounts, helpful tutorials, as well as answers to many other questions. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about your user account.
Wonderwell Mountain Refuge Full Calendar
About the Teachers
Dharma Teacher, NDF Board PresidentView Profile