Online Course – Beginner’s Mind: The Freshest Way to Enter the Experience of Meditation
Kathe McKenna, Tracie Palmer
September 13, 2023 - October 18, 2023
A six-week course, Wednesdays, 7:00–8:30 pm ET
During these six weeks, we will journey into the heart of meditation. We will learn about various methods of awakening and, more essentially, we will learn how to meditate. A stable and sustaining practice of waking up—developing wisdom and compassion through meditation— enriches our lives and benefits our troubled world.
This course is designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of Buddhist meditation with an emphasis on experiential practices. We will also unpack common terminologies, and describe the central role of meditation in developing wisdom and compassion. The Buddha is said to have embodied kindness through his offering of 84,000 ways to reach freedom – but we will NOT cover all! We will also explore how meditation plays a key role in revealing our truest self, together with our own innate peace, joy, and wisdom.
Please read carefully! The Zoom link will be emailed to all those registered three days before the course begins. If you register after the course begins, you will get the Zoom link shortly after you submit your registration.
If you don’t see an email from Natural Dharma Registrar or Wonderwell Mountain Refuge in your inbox, it may have mistakenly gone to your spam/junk folder or Promotions or Update categories. Please put this email address in your Contact or Safe-Send list to make sure you receive our emails:
The same Zoom link will be used each week, so you may want to save it in your calendar so that it is easily accessible. It will also be available in the dashboard of your user account once it is uploaded to your resources.
It is Natural Dharma Fellowship’s aspiration that no one be turned away from our teachings and retreats because they are unable to pay the full cost. In order make our courses affordable for all who wish to attend, we are offering a three-level fee structure that takes into account people’s differing financial circumstances:
- Benefactor – for those who can afford it, this fee level helps provide support for those with limited financial resources and assists with the care and maintenance of Wonderwell Mountain Refuge
- Course fee – for those who can cover the basic cost of a retreat or course
- Supported – for those with limited financial resources or recent financial hardship
The pricing options for a particular retreat are based primarily on its length and are intended to give you an idea of what it costs to offer that retreat. The amounts listed are suggestions. You may write in any amount that fits your financial situation. Any amount offered above the Course Fee level will be considered a tax-deductible donation and will be acknowledged as such.
USER ACCOUNTS & RESOURCES
The user account feature of our website provides a secure place where materials from your retreats can be posted and accessed. If you don’t have an account already, you’ll want to set one up as soon as you register.
- If you haven’t already created an NDF user account, please visit our website to Create an account as soon as possible.
- User accounts are manually synced after the retreat. Please be aware that this does not happen automatically with registration. It is a separate, manual operation.
- Resources and Recordings: The retreat resources and recordings will be available in your user account. Recordings must be edited before they are posted. We appreciate your patience! You will receive an email letting you know they are available in your dashboard. If you have any questions about resources and recordings, please email [email protected].
Please visit the Technical FAQ page on our website for useful information about user accounts, helpful tutorials, as well as answers to many other questions. You can contact [email protected] with questions about your user account.
Wonderwell Mountain Refuge Full Calendar