Natural Dharma Fellowship’s 2023 Margha Program
October 8, 2022 - October 30, 2023
Registration will open at 12:00 pm ET on Oct. 8 and close on Oct. 30.
The 2023 Margha Program will dive into the practices of Natural Meditation. The curriculum offers a thorough distillation of traditional Himalayan Buddhist training, and was developed by Lama Willa Baker. Participants will be guided and supported through a comprehensive program of meditation, study, and contemplation, which provides a framework that gently invites and opens participants to experience present fresh wakefulness, our intrinsic buddha nature. Meditation instruction in shamatha (calm abiding), vipashyana (insight), and open awareness will be offered.
(The alternate year’s program focuses on practices of Bodhicitta, in which participants access and deepen in innate qualities of love and compassion for self and others, wisdom, sympathetic joy, and equanimity.)
For more information about the Margha program, please click here.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
It is Natural Dharma Fellowship’s aspiration that no one be turned away from our programs and retreats because they are unable to pay the full cost. The Margha Program is offered on a sliding fee scale in which you can choose the amount that best fits your financial needs. There are three suggested payment levels:
- Benefactor: $360. For those who can afford it, this fee level helps provide support for those with limited financial resources and assists with the care and development of the Margha Program.
- Program fee: $225. This fee covers the basic cost of the Margha Program.
- Supported: $135. For those with limited financial resources or recent financial hardship.
However, if these three suggested payment levels do not fit your financial situation, you may enter any amount on the registration page.
The program entrance fee does NOT include the cost of on-site retreats at Wonderwell Mountain Refuge in Springfield, NH or the online component of these hybrid retreats, which are charged separately. Nor does it include the cost of required books, generally two per year.
Financial aid: Financial aid opportunities are available through Natural Dharma Fellowship to offset the cost of on-site retreats. For more information, please visit the Work-Study Scholarship page on the NDF website. epending on the type of work you do, you may also be eligible for a Hemera Contemplative Fellowship to attend Margha retreat. For more information and eligibility criteria, please click here.
USER ACCOUNTS & RESOURCES
The user account feature of our website provides a secure place where materials from your retreats can be posted and accessed. If you don’t have an account already, you’ll want to set one up as soon as you register.
- Paid resources – retreat recordings and other retreat materials – will be available in the dashboard of your user account.
- If you haven’t already created an NDF user account, please visit our website to Create an account as soon as possible.
- User accounts are manually synced after the retreat. Please be aware that this does not happen automatically with registration. It is a separate, manual operation.
Please visit the Technical FAQ page on our website for useful information about user accounts, helpful tutorials, as well as answers to many other questions. You can contact email@example.com with questions about your user account.
Wonderwell Mountain Full Calendar.