Embodying the Bodhisattva: Exploring Social Justice, Somatics and Meditation (Online)
This is the ONLINE component of the retreat. If you’d like to register for the RESIDENTIAL component, please click here
This retreat will explore how personal and collective somatic practices and meditation allow us to come into alignment with our deepest aspirations and values. As a result, we learn to embody ways of being and acting that support not only our individual healing and growth, but also the transformative potential of our collective action in the world. Embodied transformation as a path toward collective liberation.
A Bodhisattva is a being who is committed to the liberation of all beings, including their own. What would it mean to truly awaken to and embody our innate potential as Bodhisattvas in this beautiful and terrible world?
How would it feel to engage in actions of body, speech, thought and relationship that create personal transformation, while also joining with others for collective liberation? What would it look like to engage practices that can both heal our personal traumas, and contribute to the liberation of all beings?
This combination of the personal and the collective can serve a systemic transformation that uplifts the equity of all beings, creates climate justice and helps humans harmonize ourselves with the rest of life.
If you are curious about how to merge the path of personal awakening with embodied action for racial justice, gender equity, climate healing, and collective liberation, this retreat is for you. Join Lama Liz Monson and somatics innovator, Staci K. Haines, as we explore intersections between the way of the Bodhisattva and embodied transformation, and social and climate justice work.
Typical Retreat Schedule
(All times are Eastern time zone)
First Day — The opening session begins around 7:00 pm.
Full-Day Schedule — Morning meditation 7:00 am; Breakfast break 8:30-10:00 am; Lunch break 12:00-2:00 pm; Dinner break 5:30-7:00 pm.
Last Day — The closing session typically ends by 12:00 pm.
These times are just for reference. An expanded schedule will be provided in pre-retreat information emailed during the week prior to the event.
The Zoom link will be sent several days before the retreat to all those registered by then. If you register after that date, you’ll receive the link with your confirmation email shortly after submitting your registration. If you don’t see an email from Natural Dharma Registrar or Wonderwell Mountain Refuge, it may have mistakenly gone to your spam folder or to Promotions or Updates in Gmail.
Important: Please put these two email addresses in your Contact or Safe-Send list to make sure you receive our emails:
It is Natural Dharma Fellowship’s aspiration that no one be turned away from our teachings because they are unable to pay the full price. In order make our offerings affordable for all who wish to attend, we suggest a three-level fee structure:
- Benefactor – for those who can afford it, this fee level helps provide support for those with limited financial resources and assists with the care and maintenance of Wonderwell Mountain Refuge
- Course fee – for those who can cover the basic cost of an online retreat or course
- Supported – for those with limited financial resources or recent financial hardship
Our pricing options are based primarily on the length and type of an event and are intended to give you an idea of the costs involved. The amounts listed are suggestions. You may write in any amount that fits your financial situation. Any amount offered above the Middle Way level will be considered a tax-deductible donation and will be acknowledged as such in writing.
User Accounts and Resources
The user account feature of our website provides a secure place where materials from your retreats and courses will be posted and accessed.
- When registering for events, please be sure the email address you used to register is the SAME email address you use to log into your user account. Recordings and course materials are connected using the event registration list. To prevent duplication and scattering of your resources, these two addresses must match.
- If you don’t have an NDF user account, one will be created for you using the email address you provided when you registered for the event (keep an eye out for an email from Natural Dharma Fellowship with password instructions).
- Our post-production volunteers edit and upload resources after each event. The timeframe we aim for is 7-10 days for retreats and 5-7 days for courses and series. They work diligently to deliver within those timeframes and greatly appreciate your patience if it’s a bit longer. You will receive an email notification when they are available in your dashboard.
- If you have any questions about resources and recordings, please email .
Please visit the Technical FAQ page on our website for useful information about user accounts, helpful tutorials, as well as answers to many other questions.You can contact with questions about your user account.
Wonderwell Mountain Refuge Full Calendar